Monday, April 7, 2014

The Kentucky Derby Essentials: A List of a Man's GO-TO Needs

 “This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Scandinavian Tobacco Group Lane, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #CuberoLuxury http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
When Andrew and I started dating, there were new and exciting {and sometimes i things that we would introduce to one another.

I showed him what it was like to live in a big city and go to the grocery store without fearing you would run into every person from school.
He showed me what it was like to live in a small town and know every detail about Mary, Bob, and Sue.

I showed him what it was like to come from a different country and try to understand the weird Russian culture that surrounded us.
He showed me what it was like to be born in the United States and actually understand the common phrases that I still struggle with catching on to this day.

I showed him the world of risk taking in Euchre.
He showed me what it was like to risk take in horse betting. 

He opened my eyes to the famous Kentucky Derby.

I attended my first Kentucky Derby when I started dating Andrew. I remembered reading about it, I remembered seeing it on television, and I surely remembered my brother who happens to be in love with horse racing talk about it quite frequently. But had I imagined ever actually going? Not in my wildest dreams.

The best memories have been made during that famous first weekend in May. And since having children, and my in-laws moving out of state, there have been less opportunities of me being able to go. However, because Andrew's entire family goes {and tons of friends}, he definitely does not miss out on this yearly tradition.

And who's to blame him?

Because we will miss him terribly in a few weeks when he goes, and because I want him well taken care of, I made him a small little survival kit of items that can easily all fit into his pockets. All of the items mentioned below could easily be applied to any event for a significant other.

Wedding gift idea. A night out essentials guide. Birthday night items on the go.

ANDREW'S SURVIVAL GUIDE:
All products may be purchased at Walmart
1. Cubero Cigars. I bought mine at Walmart and these will be perfect for him to take on the day of the race. Small, compact, and made with premium tobacco and a natural wrapper. One thing that is essential for all the men at the Derby is cigars. Cubero is one high quality tobacco brands within the cigar industry. The brand was developed by Lane Limited and comes in aromatic and flavorable qualities.

2. Toothpaste with compact toothbrush & Gum.  Fresh breath. This is perfect to slip in the pocket and not having to worry of it taking up a lot of space. Another thing I contemplated on getting instead is the little wisk brushes that come with toothpaste already on them. Those are a great alternative as well.

3. A snack. Because every man needs a full belly.

4. Deoderant. Hot weather and lots of cheering= sweaty husband.

5. Sunglasses. Protect his eyes, and not to mention watch his horse run to the finish line.

6. Money. You have to spend money to make money.

7. Lucky penny. Lastly, this is important to go with number 6. Must have his lucky charm with him at all times.


So there you have it, the go-to survival guide 101.

Everything you could possibly need that fits perfectly in a man's pocket.




No comments:

Post a Comment