Monday, February 24, 2014

Easy, on-the-go solution to a delicious breakfast option!


"This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group and Jimmy Dean, but all opinions are my own. #pmedia #RedboxBreakfast http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO. "

Sundays are my favorite day of the week. I don't know what it is about that day, but it's always the one day of the week where I feel great, my house looks great, my family feels great, and most importantly, I eat great. As in, I eat a really really really good breakfast. Breakfast is, after all, the most important meal of the day, and I have to say that my husband spoils us rotten. We don't skimp when it comes to breakfasts and we love to have a variety for all to pick from. Who am I kidding here, there is not much picking as there is just devouring everything. From pancakes to bacon, toast, omelettes, and waffles. Throw in a glass of orange juice and a side of fruit and we have all food groups covered. Maple syrup with cinnamon and whipped cream is the obvious dessert here.

Lately though, I have noticed that when we go to the early service at Church {we're talking 9 am here}, then we are always making a quick breakfast on the go. Which is okay, as we definitely don't need a production each and every time, but I definitely feel like it's becoming the same old boring---greab a cereal bar, a banana, and maybe a bowl of cereal if you're lucky and go. I miss my eggs. I miss my bacon. I just miss the feeling of the Sunday meal that I so look forward to having every week.



So, I needed a solution.

I told Andrew that there was an easy fix to all this and I was going to figure it out.

Therefore, this past Sunday, I explained to Andrew that I would be in charge of breakfast that day. He usually insists, but for whatever reason, did not try to argue this one---this wonderful idea that I had in mind. Probably because it meant that he could sleep in a little while longer. I made sure that we were stocked in the fruit department, and picked up a box of Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls at Walmart after work that morning.


I came home to a quiet house and sleeping babies, so decided to pop the breakfast bowl into the microwave, cut up the fruit, filled the cups, and set the table. By the time I got the kids out of bed {including the husband}, the house already smelled like someone had been cooking all morning, and all eyes got real big upon seeing what was on their plates. I don't think anyone even spoke during the meal {which took approximately 2 minutes to scarf down}, and there certainly was not a crumb of food left.

"Oh honey, that was so good!" Andrew said.
"You should be in charge of Sunday breakfast more often," he went on.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Where did you come up with the recipe, or did you just throw it all together," he asked.

I thought about that one for a moment. Should I tell him the secret? Should I spoil the fun? Should I explain that I'm not miss domestic breakfast maker after all? There was a brief hesitation. But of course I couldn't give all my super powers away. So I told him that he wouldn't be finding out today, however, I'd wake up extra early the next day so he would have a yummy breakfast to take with him to work.
All options available at Walmart 

You would think that I told him that I was buying him the new XBOX {which he wants by the way}. And from that look on his face? There's definitely no way I'll ever tell him that the secret to a quick, easy, and most definitely delicious breakfast that happened to come in a box. They're called Jimmy Dean Breakfast Meat Lovers Bowl. 

Next time, I'm cooking the sandwiches.  And next time I have a big family affair? You better believe I'll save myself all the dishes, all the time, and all the energy and turn to what I like to call now my old faithful.

Quick. Easy. On-the-go solution.

Problem solved.

Follow along with Jimmy Dean Here:



No comments:

Post a Comment